For a better overview of the product inventory in the online store, we need functions that generate exportable lists according to certain criteria/filters.
In principle, several variants of provision are available for this. The best would be a plugin that generates a user interface for filters in the frontend via shortcode.
Selection criteria of the data sets (filters)
We need recurring overview of product quantities that meet certain criteria. These criteria are:
- Status (Published/Drafted)
- Visibility in catalog (shop/search result/hidden)
- SKU available (yes/no)
- SKU format (e.g. ‘x’ in last position)
- Backorder allowed (No / Yes / Yes with notification)
- Stock status (In stock, Out of stock, On backorder)
- Brand (simple selection)
- Delivery time (Term: product_delivery_time)
- Fallback delivery time in case of backorder (Term: product_delivery_time via Meta: ‘_delivery_time_fallback’)
It is necessary that different combinations of criteria can be selected at the same time.
Manner of provision
Once the filters are set, the user can either generate the corresponding list for display or export the data by using the buttons in the upper right corner.
The list generated according to the criteria should contain the matching products and variants and include the following information:
- Product name (variation if it is a variant)
- Status (Published / Draft)
- Visibility in catalog (Shop / Search result / Hidden)
- SKU (EAN)
- regular price
- Offer price
- Backorder allowed (No / Yes /Yes with notification)
- Delivery time of Germanized (Term: product_delivery_time)
- Delivery time in case of backorder (Term: product_delivery_time via Meta: ‘_delivery_time_fallback’)
This is to allow department managers to either quickly search a record or independently create lists based on the criteria and export them to CSV format for further processing using MS EXCEL™.
Quick Access for Lists
We need a mechanism that makes a set of filter settings quickly available again. For this purpose GET parameters should be used, which allow a fast application of filters via URL by browser bookmarks.